Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Deck project


I would have to search for pics of the crappy screened in porch as it once was. Since a stray dog jumped through one of the screened panels, it's been in need of repair, declining yearly, and now in need of replacement. Now, with a wife, I can no longer blow it off in lieu of my real hobbies. Then again without her being so understanding and good to me I wouldn't have all the hobbies I have.

There was a nest in the corner of the porch. I moved it to a cherry tree a few feet from another nest - will that work?

I couldn't see if the other nest was occupied but the digital camera could.

I could have gotten a better-centered and better-focused shot but mother wasn't far and I like my eyes! Hey, are those my zip ties?!

I would never have thought there would be this much junk from this small porch.

Fortunately, our town is great! We can put out junk, within reason, every trash day. In extreme cases like this just one simple call, plus $15, and we can have entire piles like this picked up from the curb. No burning and no trips to the dump. It's those little things that make certain places great places to live.


I would like to keep the deck in place and rebuild just the screened in part. There is some settling on the far corner so I'm not sure how much that will require to level.

Here's where it stands, or doesn't stand, right now.

Note the two "dizzles" staring out he back door. One is our dog, Grace. Grace lost her back yard privileges when, while chasing a rabbit, she ran right through the fence! The other is Bear - the neighbors dog we are watching while they are in Italy.

Sweetie, wouldn't just leaving it as a deck be really nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment