Monday, May 18, 2009


Well I rushed last Sunday am to get the felt paper and roll roofing on as heavy rain was again expected......... and I had to start work again that night!
That top picture reminds me of church camp cabins for some reason. Give it some time and maybe there will be some mud dauber and wasp nests too!


This shows it without the roofing on yet.

And yes, I did mow and trim the whole yard this past week.

Well, it began raining hard one night as I was leaving for work and..... it leaks! I was not happy. I later determined that it was not "my" roof(porch) leaking and not even where it joins the house shingles but is coming from higher up where some shingles butt up against the master bedroom wall(seen in the very top left of the last pic). Since the old porch was leaking right by the fascia and falling in I assumed it was coming from that overlap joint. I now think water has been running under the shingles of the house for some time now - about two years! Though I initially bought more roofing material and asphalt, I think caulking that wall seam will stop the water. I sure hope there isn't major damage to the house roof decking.......................... but with my luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment